Assistant Teacher - Preschool Classroom
Pumpkin Patch Preschool – Stoughton, WI
Part-time – $10-13/hr.
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the lead teacher in delivering a developmentally-appropriate curriculum to children ages 3-4.
- Utilize positive reinforcement, redirection, prevention and development of self-discipline as student behavior management techniques.
- Assist with the rotation of classroom supplies, books, decor, etc.
- Clean and organize the classroom according to the lead teacher’s direction.
- Address parent questions and concerns in a respectful, compassionate manner
- Set annual goals at the onset of the year, and demonstrate measurable progress throughout the school year, with the support and guidance of the lead teacher and school administrator.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the lead teacher and school administrator.
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth in the Pumpkin Patch Preschool policy handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should have 1-2 years experience working in a childcare setting.
To comply with State of Wisconsin licensing requirements, applicants must:
- Meet the licensing requirements set forth by with Wisconsin Department of Children and Families for early childhood professionals.
- Submit to and pass a complete background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships with children, their families, and colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience with child development, and safe and appropriate activities for children.
- The flexibility to adapt activities to a variety of of communication and learning styles.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Creative problem-solving experience.
Schedule must be able to accommodate a shift from (approx.) 7:45 am - 11:45 pm Monday through Friday, and work in both an indoor and outdoor environment. Additional hours are required for monthly staff meetings, school events throughout the year, and school-year setup and teardown.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and sit on the floor.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail the same to the address listed below.