Lead Teacher - Preschool Classroom
Pumpkin Patch Preschool - Stoughton, WI
$13 an hour - Part-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom environment that stimulates and excites students of varying aptitudes.
- Plan a daily schedule that provides structure, as well as a fun, socializing, and adventurous experience.
- Design and implement strategies for building strong relationships between yourself and your students along with their families.
- Routinely change out classroom supplies, books, decor, etc. in order to re-engage students and their families.
- Observe and record age-appropriate milestones for each child, in a manner that can be shared with families to track student growth and development.
- Provide routine updates regarding classroom activities to families, thereby engaging parents in their child’s learning experience.
- Identify opportunities to increase enrollment and build upon the reputation that PPP has built in the Stoughton community over the last 40+ years.
- Set annual goals during the month of August, and demonstrate measurable progress throughout the school year, with the support and guidance of the school administrator.
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth in the Pumpkin Patch Preschool policy handbook.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or elementary education or a related field OR an Associate’s degree in early childhood education from an accredited education institution, plus a minimum of two (2) years teaching experience.
To comply with State of Wisconsin licensing requirements, applicants must:
- Meet the licensing requirements set forth by with Wisconsin Department of Children and Families for early childhood professionals.
- Submit to and pass a complete background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships with children, their families, and colleagues.
- A passion for educating young learners and the motivation to create a unique classroom curriculum for up to 17 children ages 3-4 years.
- The knowledge to prepare and maintain a developmentally-appropriate and enriching environment that encourages positive social and emotional growth for all preschool-aged children.
- The flexibility to adapt activities to a variety of of learning styles.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Creative problem-solving experience.
Schedule must be able to accommodate a shift from 7:30 am - 12:00 pm Monday through Friday, and work in both an indoor and outdoor environment. Additional hours are required for monthly staff meetings, school events throughout the year, and school-year setup and tear-down.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and sit on the floor.
Pay commensurate with education and experience. Range of $13-$15/hour.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and Employment Application to email@example.com, or mail the same to the address listed below.