Wrap-Around Care Assistant
Pumpkin Patch Preschool – Stoughton, WI
Full-time – $10-13/hr.
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the lead teacher in delivering a developmentally-appropriate curriculum to children ages 3-6
- Utilize positive reinforcement, redirection, prevention and development of self-discipline as student behavior management techniques.
- Assist with the rotation of classroom supplies, books, decor, etc.
- Clean and organize the classroom according to the lead teacher’s direction.
- Respond to parent questions and concerns in a respectful, compassionate manner.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with PPP staff and families.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and other school-wide events, such as parent orientation night.
- Support school-wide requirements such as: maintenance of accurate accident logs, documentation of student attendance, classroom sanitation and ratio standards, and participation in emergency fire evacuation, tornado, and lock-down drills.
- Work collaboratively with all staff at PPP, ensuring that shared space and resources are utilized effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should have 1-2 years experience working in a childcare setting.
To comply with State of Wisconsin licensing requirements, applicants must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Meet the licensing requirements set forth by with Wisconsin Department of Children and Families for early childhood professionals.
- Submit to and pass a complete background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships with children, their families, and colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience with child development, and safe and appropriate activities for children.
- The flexibility to adapt activities to a variety of of communication and learning styles.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Creative problem-solving experience.
Schedule must be able to accommodate a shift from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and work in both an indoor and outdoor environment. Additional hours are required for monthly staff meetings, school events throughout the year, and school-year setup and tear-down.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and sit on the floor.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and Employment Application to email@example.com, or mail the same to the address listed below.