A Community Committed
Managed by a voluntary board and staffed by experienced teachers, the school is a community committed to creating a nurturing environment that supports each child’s development.
The school values cultural and family diversity while embracing individual differences. Its teachers and parents strive to build confidence and love of learning at this early stage in the school experience.
Pumpkin Patch Preschool
Pumpkin Patch was organized, incorporated and licensed in 1973 by a group of parents in the Stoughton area who felt the need for a qualified preschool in the community. More than forty years later, that tradition is still being upheld. Pumpkin Patch is a fully licensed and accredited preschool. Our staff consists of a School Administrator, two 4K Lead Teachers each with a degree in early childhood education with a license from the Department of Public Instruction, one 3 year-old Lead Teacher as well as three state certified teacher assistants.
Pumpkin Patch Preschool is a parent cooperative preschool. It is a non-profit and self supporting. It is solely run by a board of volunteer parents. Parental involvement is the most important key to the success of the school and to the success of your child’s preschool experience.
As a 3 year-old Pumpkin Patch Preschool family, you will be required to serve on a committee to help contribute to the success of the school. As a 4k family, your participation on a committee would be very welcome, but this is not a requirement. Committees range from very involved to a one-time helping out role. The parents are the school, and without them, we couldn’t exist. This is your chance to be directly involved in your child’s preschool education.
- Cultivate a stimulating environment for emotional, social, and academic growth
- Encourage self confidence, independence, and responsibility
- Develop understanding of others and their feelings
- Promote self-expression and discovery in learning
- Teach problem solving skills
- Build a positive attitude toward learning, creating a foundation for future education
- Parents are surrounded by a community of like-minded parents who highly value their children’s education.
- School becomes special when a parent is there to share it.
- Communication between parents and teachers is more frequent and effective.
- Children see the value their parents place on education.
- Parents have an opportunity to contribute their talents and perhaps discover new ones.
- Children develop a more positive attitude toward school.
- Parents have opportunity for involvement in all aspects of their child’s education and a voice in school decisions and policy.
Pumpkin Seeds Is Back!
A chance for your 2-3 year olds to experience the fun of preschool!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Pumpkin Patch Preschool Programs
All 3 year old families are required to be on a Committee. Tuition is due the 1st of each month.
Wrap-around child care is available from 6:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Monday through Friday and follows the Stoughton Area School District (SASD) schedule.